A quick, easy to make, delicious banana cake. You can see some more information in the you tube video from June 5th on our your tube channel.
From the White Wings Self Raising Flour Packet
- 125gm butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar (1/2 cup will also work as well)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup mashed, very ripe bananas (2 large bananas)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 125gm cream cheese, at room temperature
- 50 gm softened butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 cups pure icing sugar, sifted
- Preheat oven to 170C conventional oven or 150C fan forced. Grease and line a 20cm square cake pan with baking paper.
- Put butter or margarine, sugar and vanilla in a medium saucepan. Stir over a moderate heat until it melts. Remove from heat.
- Stir bananas into butter mixture. Add egg, flour and milk and stir to combine. Mix in walnuts. Pour into prepared pan and smooth surface.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make frosting, put all frosting ingredients into a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Spread frosting over the top of the cooled cake.
You can find a gluten free version of the White Wings Banana Cake here